Thursday, December 19, 2013

Getting ready

As the time approaches to leave for vacation, we are getting ready (mostly me doing laundry :)) to get our suit cases packed and hubby finishing up last minute work things. I am very excited to have him off for these days. Although, it's spent with family and can be crazy a times it's nice to be back home where things are familiar. I get so sad to see here we don't have fresh produce or grocery stores that stock things so I can still eat certain paleo dishes. Sometimes when we are up for it we venture to Whole Foods two hours away in Birmingham. It is hard to buy so much because your grocery bill can really get high and then we have to carry a cooler with ice and come straight back after that.
   Going back to AZ does mean I get to enjoy a good Sonoran hot dog, maybe some carne asada tacos and some damn good salads! While we are there all my hubby's side of the family in terms of siblings will be there. There was slight drama that his brother and wife decided to stay in a hotel, but honestly it's probably better for the bathroom situation. 7 people to one bathroom eek not going to work! Their house is bigger than my parents because my parents live in a 2 bedroom apartment they own. They next day we are up and going we are visiting my folks and planning later that evening to see some Christmas lights that are decorated all over a neighborhood. They really good all out! It's fun to think we are freezing in AZ LOL and walking with our hot cocoa! My blood may have thicken a bit being out here and definitely won't be as cold with our little girl keeping me warm in my belly!
  Another happening besides the Christmas eve and Christmas day tradition will be baby girl's baby shower! I am very grateful for my mother in law to let us do it in her home. I am also grateful my mom is taking care of the food. I was annoyed she invited tons of her friends, some which I have never really met. But she justifies that's okay they will get your gifts. I didn't want segregation with the Mexican ladies and the non Mexican not cool. That's what happens when you have a full blown Mexican mother she wants to take over and believe it's for her the shower. I will just sit back and eat. :) Best thing a preggers person can do. It should be fun overall I think.
    Just to back track a bit, last month we had a spouse appreciation day where we went in our husbands' squadron to check things out, see the flight line, play in the simulator. It wasn't as eventful as they wished because it was raining, but nice to see other spouses and spend time with the hubby for a change. I was so hoping for a high speed taxi in the plane, but budget cuts didn't permanent that. :( boo.
Anyways, the simulator was cool..I did pretty good in the air flying and was ready to land and thought it was going to go well, but misheard my hubby say something and I put the nose down so much I crashed. Yup flying isn't my thing! Leaving it to him!
   Sometime today going to help with my church small group shower this lady with a shopping spree. I don't feel uncomfortable doing it, but wonder how many others will join. I don't know what to say to her. Guess being myself is the best thing. Hope she enjoys it!
   Well my updates will be very random during our Christmas vacation. Toodles for now!

Add caption

Simulator time


Trying to eat right!

No comments:

Post a Comment