Friday, February 28, 2014

Baby waiting

 Wow I am a slacker! I have neglected to keep you all updated on the rest of pregnancy. I don't know why. I haven't been super occupied with a job or anything. Just a bit self consumed with preparing for Amelia's arrival. I swear this girl is spoiled before she has even arrived. :)
   To back track to how our Christmas vacation went..it was great! We loved seeing all our family and friends while we were there. I felt a bit consumed with doing a lot of family things though. I wish I could of had a little more different Christmas traditions with my parents than the hubby's, but his mother is pretty set on having it a certain way. Which is fine that's what they like. I am open to anything. I was very appreciative of her hosting in her house along with my mother the baby shower for Amelia and I. I said keep it low key, but of course they had to out do themselves with decorations and food. :) I miss my mother's food. Lucky I get to see her and my dad in a week to visit for Amelia's arrival.
  Also, our small group bible study here threw us a little baby shower. They are very sweet people. Non of them are military so it's nice to get involved with locals and get their perspective from those that have lived here for a while.
   Well, tomorrow is my due date and no sign of labor quite yet. Some things like tightening and small cramps make me think I am going to start labor, but everyone describes it as "oh you will know." That my body will let me know. I have been praying that she may come this weekend so I can avoid the scheduled induction I have Tuesday night. By then she would be 4 days overdue so she will evicted by then. I never really thought I would get to 40 weeks, but guess my body is slowly getting ready. Last time I was 70% effaced (thinned out) and only 1/2 cm dilated. At least I am thinning out, but decided to give myself until my scheduled induction to see if my body will progress more. I am happy that the doctor does options like a balloon that mechanically dilates you versus a medication that goes inside and can't come out to ripen the cervix. I may need pitocin, but it would be awesome if once they broke my water my body would do it all on its own.
39weeks
  Interesting thing about this pregnancy, hubby has been sick most of the pregnancy with cold almost every month since we got here. It really sucked for him, but glad he was taking the illness for me. I didn't get by without a cold last month though. Ugh not being able to take any meds except Tylenol was not fun.
35 weeks

 Well, trying to stay positive and be patient that she will come soon. I better get some walking in and more nesting done by cleaning the house. Next time I update I will be holding our baby girl. :)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment