Monday, May 13, 2013

Pale Zone challenge and Life according to me

So like I said posts would probably be on the weekly side. So what has happened since I last wrote, well I have been busting myself at the gym doing WODs like 6 days in a row. That was a bit too much for my body that I need to learn to break it up. Mother's day was here and unfortunately my mother doesn't live here so couldn't celebrate with her. I sent flowers though and she enjoyed that. She told me that my dad has macular degeneration in one eye. That means the central vision in his eye is going bad. It's not reversible, but there are theories/pills/practices to slow the progression. So I am hoping this progression is very slow for him and he doesn't go blink in that eye any time soon. My mother doesn't really tell me things until a bit later and what is even more annoying is my own father won't tell me if something is wrong with him. He believes nothing can be wrong and I understand he doesn't want me to worry, but it upsets me they don't trust me to tell me these things. My mom is under the impression my dad will live forever and not to prepare for anything that could happen to him. My father is 79 years old and pretty good shape considering this eye problem and now a bit of a hip problem. Still life throws curve balls and you never want can happen. God could take him anytime he wants and she thinks all is dandy. I just hope financially she will be okay, but I know that will be a struggle and burden I will have to carry. I am not heartless nor do I feel unable to help it's just now the way most late 20 year olds have to deal with their parents. Anyways, I will move on to something else. Like how we visited Sea World and I got to feed dolphins! :) It was nice to get out and do it although I got sunburned. We even went on a ride and got soaked.
   At our gym we are doing a paleo zone challenge. This is different than the last challenge done back in AZ because this time we still include all the paleo way of eating, but we measure out how much food we eat. I am fine and dandy about eating paleo, but it's hard to grasp this idea of measuring every thing I eat. I just feel it's so tedious, but I am doing it the best I can. We also will be submitting food diaries weekly to one of the coaches. I guess that keeps us accountable too.
  Today was day 3 of this challenge and I guess I didn't eat enough for my snack this afternoon that during the workout and after I was shaking and started hyperventilating. Thankfully hubby was there to calm me and also one of the coaches gave me a bar to munch on as I recovered.

  I made awesome mexican style burgers thanks to paleomg.com book! In my pictures there is the book and also the book Gather which is pretty awesome. It was some great ways to entertain paleo style and also just super neat recipes like General Tsao chicken!
   I am running low on time before I turn into a pumpkin so just wanted to update this blog and hope the week well goes well. Good night!




No comments:

Post a Comment