Monday, May 6, 2013

Why Hello

   Dear Lord! It's been so long I was forgetting I had a blog or how to get into it. Haha Don't worry I'm back! So lots has happened! Still in Texas for my hubby's training and enjoying the friendships we have formed here quickly and the time I have with my love. It's nice to have the time to read and catch up on things that I couldn't when I was in nursing school. We aren't here long enough for me to get a job..although I have attempted to get a seasonal job at several retail places with no luck. Boo! Oh well more time to hang out and do lots of crossfit!
  So my parents came to visit about two weeks ago and that was actually fun! I thought my parents would be total bored or not enjoy it, but they loved the Riverwalk and all the tourists things. I think since my dad is getting older than he is already..he feels he should branch out to do more things and my mom realizing that I don't live 30 minutes away has to get out of her comfort zone to visit me even if that means getting on a plane. She enjoyed the hispanic festival that was going on and just being in another city besides back home. I worry about my parents well my dad is 79 and age is starting to catch with him. If you saw him you would think he is younger, but he has cataracts now and some hip problems so that slowing him down. My mom has had so many health problems for a 47 year old and can only hear with one ear with a hearing aid. I always encourage her to take a class in sign language and that I would too, but she doesn't really pay attention to my advice. That was a random rant about my parents lol. Anyways, now I am away again I just hope they are okay and knowing them they keep things from me and that is something I don't like.
Yup my WOD!
Wow I got guns haha
  Lets see what else is going on..well the crossfit gym we are part of totally rocks! The owners are so supportive of their clients and don't mind getting to know them. They are just very down to earth, but with experience on how to do WODs correctly. They are so awesome as well for creating a birthday WOD named "Karla" which was hell and everyone totally loved me for that! Yeah right! I really get along with this girl Tasha who works next door at the tanning place. She is just super outgoing and fun to be around. She invited Alex and I to go two steppin' at a country bar and boy was that different! We thought we had it down with our little old simple side to side two step. We were wrong! The dance floor was a circle around one of the bars and people were dancing fast like horses around the race track! So yeah we need some classes. The only thing that pissed me off was when we tried to dance at our pace some older guy pushes Alex to notion him to go on faster ahead. Jeez! The nerve of that guy. Anyways, I guess people were just too frustrated that we didn't have 100%. It's suppose to be fun not dancing with the stars.
   So this weekend hubs and I are doing the paleo-zone challenge with cf gym. I only have done challenge and it was whole 9 30 days challenge. This one I guess is same types of food, but measured out for maximal results. I am hoping for some great results. I do admit that I have had a hard time with snacking while I am here. With snacking it's been on potato chips and too much dark chocolate. I just eat crap when I am bored or watching a show. I need to just drink lots of water when I get that urge so I fill up on that. I am hoping this challenge will motivate me with the people around us. I have still been cooking paleo with some gluten free grains. Tonight made a paleo dessert called Chocolate mousse with bananas from paleomg.com She does amazing treat recipes and was dying to try this one. Let's say my hubby wasn't talking from the time he took his first bite until the end because he was busy engulfing his tasty mousse! He loved it! :) I'm glad it worked out. Sometimes when you see or do a recipe it never comes out like their pictures or the way the person describes, but this one was perfect.
  Well, I better head to bed soon. Well update soon again! Later~

P.S. I got a beta fish for my birthday from my hubby!!



Meet Ringo!



No comments:

Post a Comment